Thursday, January 23, 2014

February Round Robin at Scraps of Elegance and Scraps of Darkness

Hey there!  I think I might be getting the hang of this blog idea!!!!  I want to share a layout with you that I created for our February Round Robin challenge.  I am hosting it this month and there is a $10 gift certificate to our amazing SOE/SOD Store.  You don't have to be a kit or club member play. I really hope that you will consider joining us.  It's such a blast!!


So, here is my lo for Team #1



The photo is of my youngest grandson, Cameron, age 2 1/2 years old.  We were at the Alaska State Fair, and I taught him how to jump in puddles.  His Momma was so mad at me!  I just laughed and thought....pay back!!  Heheheheh....it's good to be Grandma!!

Gotta say this is one of my favorite los!!  I stamped, misted, stenciled, inked the background first.  Then I cut a big piece of twine and just dropped it on the page to form the circles you see in the background.  The rest was all fun and games adding the embellishments.  I've been dying to use the Tim Holtz View Finder Die Cut, but just haven't had the right lo for it!!  The little piece of black and white swirls at the bottom left is actually cut from a package that my sweet friend, Renea Harrison uses when she packages her butterflies which she sells on Etsy at Reneasbouquets!!!!

I did a lot of work on the photo.  I'm not a Photoshop pro, but am trying to learn.  I really like the way this one turned out!

I really hope you enjoyed stopping by today.  Here's a Big Alaska Bear Hug coming your way......

Kath



1 comment: