Sunday, November 17, 2013

I was really late with my Sketch Challenge layout due to the surgery, but I did get it in. It's a picture of my hubby, Kip and I on vacation with family in Bend, Oregon. I love this photo!!
I didn't take any close ups, still working on being better at that!! I did do a lot of work on the background papers. I used one of my favorite stencils of a birch tree forest and used spray paint mist in a copy of colors on yellow cardstock to give it a woodsy effect. I then used modeling paste an a stencil we got in our kit last month of little petals to get the effect of leaves falling down. We got a beautiful set of Prima leaves in our kit, so I used the old-fashioned method of glittering around all of them with Martha Stewart's beautiful brown fine glitter. I cut a piece of cardboard, put a little gesso on it, then added a square of rust colored burlap from a roll that I got at Michaels. On thing I love to do is "pop up" various parts, elements, photos, etc., of my layouts to give them dimension. I love using my scissors to cut cardboard, glue it to the back of whatever I am wanting to "stand up" and then gluing it down. I do this on just able every layer of a layout and on EVERY lo. You could call me the "Pop Up Queen", LOL!!!!!!! I so hope that you are enjoying your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment